instead of learning complicated formulas and arbitrary dates that we never use, someone taught us the blueprint for fulfillment, the key to sustainable happiness and the components to living a happy life, regardless of your circumstances.
You Weren't Taught How to Be Happy
It is rare to find people in today’s world that can say they are genuinely happy and fulfilled. Our society encourages high-stress lifestyles and mindless habits. Health, both physical and mental, are seen as afterthoughts, something that we can focus on once we accomplish everything else in our day (including thirty minutes of scrolling through social media.) How often do we complete our task list with enough satisfaction that we can “fit in” our health? Close to never. And why do we see physical and mental health as separate, as if our brain isn’t a physical part of our body?!
I tried, really I did, to “get better.” Over and over. I still wound up cycling through addictions, self-harming and hating myself and my life so much that I stood on the ledge of a foreign hotel room, ready to jump and end it all.
The 3 Most Damaging Factors to Personal Happiness
Does Any of This Sound Familiar:
* Because you aren't unhappy, you feel selfish for wanting more.
* Believing that happiness isn't attainable for "someone like me" has become an absolute truth.
* There is so much you want to do, but you feel mentally and physically exhausted.
* Happy people must have special circumstances or privileges.
* You wish someone had taught you how to deal with anxiety, stress, grief or depression.
5 Easy Steps You Can Take to Be Happier Right Now
Do you want to know the secret that I learned?
It isn’t about going to a Yoga class and holding Downward Dog until your arms fall off. It isn’t about reading self-help books until your eyes bleed. It isn’t about playing guinea pig to a system that is structured to profit off of your struggles. It’s about balance. It’s about unlearning everything you thought you knew about life and even about yourself and being willing to start over.
Believe me, I never thought I could be any happier than the broken-down girl that was standing on that ledge. That’s why I was there. Even the professionals told me I would always have a Serious Mental Illness (SMI) and that it was impossible to overcome. They told me that genuine happiness wasn't possible for "someone like me."
Guess what? I was decertified as having a SMI.
I now live a life so full of giddy joy that I sometimes feel like I must be in another dimension or maybe in someone else’s dream.
Take A Step Back And Imagine.....
* Having the energy and focus to live the life you really want to live.
* Knowing which habits were doing the most damage and how to easily change them.
* Feeling happy even while doing the dishes or walking the dog.
* Being able to use the science based hacks to manage symptoms of anxiety, stress and depression naturally so that they no longer disrupted your life.
* Confidently being able to use easy skills to cope with difficult situations and still maintain your happiness.
* Defining yourself as a "glass half full" type of person (you know, the very type that drives you crazy when you're stressed!)
These are just a FEW of the things you will learn!!!!!
I proved the world wrong.